May 4, 2013

Sometimes It's Good To Stand Alone

Lately, I've been wanting to read a lot of standalone novels. Not to say I don't enjoy series. I do. Very much so. But due to editing and finishing The Warrior's Code and Shades of the Stars, I haven't had much time to really invest myself in series as much as I normally do. So, I'm looking for standalone recommendations. What are some standalone novels you've really enjoyed? Since I normally read young adult and usually only the paranormal variety, here are some of my favorite standalone reads. Because sometimes it's good to stand alone. 



Brenna Yovanoff is an author I love. Beautiful writing. Beautiful story.


Above was a CRAZY read for me. And I loved it. Every single word held meaning.


Mystery. Great characters. Robin Wasserman includes it all.


Vampires. Magic. Excellent world building. I wanted more, but was so happy this was a standalone.


CREEPY MYSTERY. I loved Harbinger.


Zombies. High School. Perfection.


I had no idea what was happening and I LOVED IT. 


Beautifully written, Shadows Cast by Stars is a talk on diversity, finding a home, and magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment